Saturday, January 15, 2011

Review: Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm

Damn that's a mouthful.



So I saw this ad in Seventeen magazine for for their new moisturizing lip color, and I wanted to try it out. I originally wanted to get the Woppin' Watermelon cause I wanted all the boys to have crushes but it was already out of stock. :{
I ordered the Chunky Cherry instead from their website, along with a few other things I won't review.

Here are some pictures:

My lips before, sorry for the herp derp faces, but it wouldn't pick up the actual color of my lips when I smiled.




This is the package it came in:
Here's the actual stick:

Looks just like the ad!

In action!:




It feels very nice going on, just like a balm should. I put it on this morning for work, and it was gone after 8.5 hours, but I tried to lick it all off and the color dulled a bit but stayed still pretty well. However when I wiped it off with toilet paper, it came off pretty easy. But it doesn't leave any weird coloring around the lips, or on the lips.

It is very lightweight, and soft. It took about, 3 coats on the bottom lip, and detailing it in on the top lip to make it that color above. It really depends on how you like it, as it looks good as a sheer one coat as well.

However, the first time I tried it on, my lips were really dry, and it showed the cracking a bit, so I suggest not trying to use it as a fix for cracked lips.

So far I'm really satisfied with it. :)
Let me know if you decide to get one!

seeyalater.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen these around maybe they're just a US thing but I'll have a look next time I'm shopping, it looks really nice!
    The colour looks great on you x

    Rebecca
    http://thebigsunglasses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I hope you can find them.

    ReplyDelete